THE LIVES AND TIMES OF CAPTAIN BEEFHEART - August 1977 book / booklet printed in a limited run of 1000 copies - Conceived and Edited by John Muir - Printed by Babylon Books in England (?, price is 95 p) - 6 27/32" x 9 3/4" - Softbound, 68 pages (including covers) - Black and white throughout, excepting the magenta and dark blue on the front cover - Lots of photos of the Captain, members of his bands, Zappa, etc. along with interviews, lyrics, articles, etc. - Ultra Mega Rare in this original edition - Pristine A- shape - Inquire for Availability / Current Price
BLUE CHEER - CAPTAIN BEEFHEART AND HIS MAGIC BAND - YOUNGBLOODS - July 20-23, 1967 at the Avalon Ballroom in San Francisco (Family Dog presents, FD-73-OPC-B in the Avalon postcard series) - 5" x 7 1/32" - Bulk rate back postcard - Engraving (from 1869), in blue and white, of a bearded man leaning against a wall, eyes closed, in a restful daze, wearing ancient looking clothing surrounded by orange psychedelic lettering by Tom Glass (aka Ned Lamont) - Ultra Mega Rare variant - Pristine A / A- condition - 35.00
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART AND HIS MAGIC BAND - HOT TUNA - CHARLES LLOYD - Fri & Sat, Sept 18 & 19, 1970 at Pepperland in San Rafael, California - First / Only printing concert poster - 12 15/16" x 20 1/16" - Red, green, blue and shades of purple - Features young girls in can can clothing in back of large rabbit - SIGNED in removeable white crayon by the artist, Mark Behrens - Ultra Rare - Pristine A- shape - Inquire for Availability / Price
CAPTAIN BEEFHEART AND HIS MAGIC BAND - PORTABLE PEOPLE - Oct 28, 1972 at Crawford Hall, University of California at Davis, California - First printing concert poster - 14" x 20" - Features mega-kewl Rick Griffin artwork (one of his most noted works) in blazing split fountain colors - See Page 372, plate 4.125 in "The Art of Rock" book by Paul Grushkin, for full color image - Ultra Rare - Pristine A / A- to A- condition (thick white stock version) - Inquire for availability - I also have a copy of the thinner, light yellow stock version in Pristine A / A- to A- shape and a Pristine A- / B+ copy - Inquire for availability / current price
Click on the linksbelow for the scans of this poster:
* Add $22.00 to $27.00 for shipping on an order of poster(s) (with or without handbills) for Priority Mail / Insurance / Strong tube / quality protective care packing / post office mailing / etc. - Call for a Priority Mail quote for your location.
* Add $25.00 for Registered Priority Mail / Insured delivery (Includes sturdy condition protecting packing / Strong Tube etc.
* Add $25.00 to $35.00 for UPS Blue / 2nd Day delivery (Quicker, more predictable these days!) - Call for UPS Shipping Charges, which are changing due to shifting fuel surcharges.
* Add $11.75 for an order of handbill(s), or other non-poster items, or $25.00 to $35.00 for UPS Blue / 2nd Day Air delivery (more predictable delivery time) - Please call for UPS quote to your location.
* Foreign Orders, Alaska and Hawaii - Please call for a shipping quote / rate to your location.
PRICES BEING REVISED - INQUIRE FOR DETAILS ON SPECIFIC ITEMS
Send a money order or cashier's check (faster) or check to:>
820-A Kupulau Drive
Kihei, HI 96753-9231
CALL OR FAX...
Noon to Midnight, Pacific Standard Time
PHONE AND FAX NUMBER: (808) 874-9126
Text and layout are copyright (c) postergeist 1998 through 2010
postergeist & PosterGeist! are Registered Trademarks of David Faggioli and postergeist.com
All images are copyrighted by the artists.
*All Family Dog images © Family Dog Productions. Family Dog Productions is the D.B.A. of Chester Helms, 771 Bush Street, San Francisco, CA, 94108.
All Bill Graham Presents items either © Bill Graham Presents 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972 and/or copyrights administered by Bill Graham Presents.